Monday, December 28, 2009

Learning Never to say "NEVER" again

A little over 2 years ago I said "I will NEVER be a runner", then I did my first 5K and I loved it!

At some point I said "I will NEVER run anything further than a 5K", then I ran a few 10Ks with my daughter....and I loved it!

Around the same time I said "I will NEVER do that multi-sport stuff", this past year I did 6 Duathlons...and I loved them!!

During the Duathlon season I said many times "Du or Du not, there is no Tri, I am not a swimmer, I will NEVER do a Triathlon", I have not registered for a triathlon at this point, but I am considering it, I may not love them...but I'll keep you posted. The learning process begins...

Somewhere along the way I also said "I may someday do a 1/2 marathon, but I will NEVER do a full marathon"...today I am registered to do a 1/2 marathon in February and the full marathon in May (stay tuned for more on that one). The learning continues...

In spite of knowing many people who blog, I NEVER saw the purpose, what with facebook and twitter and so many other ways to keep people informed...I'm not sure I ever actually said "I will NEVER blog", but either way...here I am.

So I have learned and will continue to remind myself to NEVER say "NEVER" again.

Stay tuned in the New Year for the reason why I decided to do a full marathon and to start this blog. I hope you'll read it regularly and pass the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment