Sunday, May 30, 2010

RACE DAY…THIS IS IT!!

It’s been six months since I decided I was going to run a marathon to raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada, and it all comes down to race day TODAY.

Through your support, we raised over $7200.00!! Through your encouragement, advice and belief in me, I have managed to put in all the hours and Kilometers (over 1500 since Oct.) and somehow survived my hardest taper ever and at 7:00 a.m. today, I will line up with friends, strangers, team mates and elite athletes from across the globe to compete in my first marathon.

I am so excited!!!

I can’t wait to get running to see the parts of the course I didn’t get a chance to train on, to get to those spots I have trained so I can settle in and clam my nerves…but most importantly, to finish what I started and celebrate what all of you have helped me to achieve.

To those of you who are planning to come down and watch the marathon or half marathon, thank you, your cheers, bells, signs and presence really do carry us through the rough bits!

If you are coming down and you’re looking for me, I’ll be wearing my dark purple Team In Training shirt and a white cap, my timing should be between 6:00 and 6:30/km if all goes well.

No matter who you’re coming down to see, please cheer for everyone, runners and walkers, but maybe save a little extra umph for anyone in a purple jersey, they’re my team mates and have all raised money to fight blood cancers as a part of their journey to get to either the half or the full.

Oh and if you happen to see me walking, don’t worry it’s part of the race day plan…30min run, 1 min walk.

I hope to see and hear you out there

No comments:

Post a Comment