Tuesday, September 21, 2010

If at first you don’t succeed….

Spend the next 5 months logging lots and lots of Kilometers, figuring out a better nutrition plan, training with amazing people, bouncing ideas off your coach, friends and experienced endurance athletes…then try again


There were a lot of great things about my first marathon, countless friends and family cheering me on along the course, a HUGE fundraising success, new friendships formed and it was capped off with being able to cross the finish line with Derek…I don't think any race will ever be able to compare to this experience, but in spite of all of that, not achieving my sub 4:30 goal…left me with unfinished business and any of you who know me also know that I can be fairly tenacious…ok you all likely call it stubborn or pig headed…but no matter what you call it, setting a goal and not achieving it…just doesn’t sit well with me.

“The race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep on running”, so this Sunday in Toronto, I’ll be lacing up my shoes, pulling on my Team in Training purple shirt and applying all of the lessons learned over the last 5 months.

I feel calm, rested and ready to run, I’ll keep you posted on the results.

My thanks to all of you for your continued support and encouragement!

Thomas Foxwell Buxton said “With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.”

Let’s hope that he was right and that I’ve got enough of both to reach this goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment